With over 70
offshore vessels in our reference list globally, including drilling rigs, Floating
Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) and support vessels, Axess Group
ensures that your equipment is in full compliance with the major Brazilian
regulatory standards when operating in Brazilian waters.
LOCAL REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS
in providing full support to the most relevant regulations applicable to
ü Normas Regulamentadoras
support on adequacy, consultancy and site inspections for all the applicable
NRs, with focus on the most labour intensive scopes:
- Electrical (NR10)
- Equipment and Machines (NR12)
- Boilers, Pressure Vessels and Piping (NR13)
- Safety Signalling (NR26/30)
- Offshore Requirements (NR30 Appendix II)
and consultancy with the main applicable requirements from the Brazilian
Maritime Authority (Navy), including specific requirements for the marine
systems (NORMAM 01) and for the certification of helideck (NORMAM 27).
towards the environmental agency requirements, including Law 9966.
Instructions for adequacy to the
specific requirements related to health and hygiene.
We have a
team of certified Brazilian CREA engineers and associated equipment based in
Brazil and Asia, allowing us to provide cost-effective solutions with
economical mobilisation costs and increased availability.
our extensive experience and full understanding of the Brazilian regulatory
framework, we have a full understanding of the auditor’s interpretation of the
requirements, which ensures that corrective actions are carried out to prevent
penalty for non-compliance, which leads to unexpected shutdown or delays in
getting on contract. NRs are safety standards only, some of the technical
requirements are not clearly specified. For this reason, identification of
non-conformities may vary due to the auditor’s different understanding of the
requirements. In addition, some of the requirements are informed only on
technical notes or laws.
To be able
to adjust our scope per our clients’ needs and preferences, we have developed a
modular program that offers additional scope increments related to Brazilian
Compliance tasks, such as:
- Design review for the identification of non-conformities early on the design stage.
- Review of purchase orders and technical requirements of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Workshop to introduce the client to the Brazilian requirements and present solutions and samples from other offshore rigs.
- Inspections of helideck, marine and safety systems.
- Execution of pressure tests as required on the NR-13 regulation.
- Calibration of instruments(pressure relief valves (PRVs, pressure safety valves (PSVs), pressure gauges, transmitters, etc.) in compliance with the Brazilian Institute of Metrology.
- Non Destructive Testing (NDT) services, e.g., Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement for the integrity verification requested on the NR-13 regulation.
- Ex inspection for Hazardous Areas
- Thermography inspection
- Due diligence on suppliers, e.g. audit, sample inspection
- Fabrication of posters, plates and stickers in dual language (English/Portuguese) as required by the Brazilian Maritime Authority.
- Fabrication of pipe marking according to Brazilian Technical norms.
- Specification of personal protective equipment (PPEs), collective protective equipment (CPEs), etc.
- Restoration of technical documents and calculations
- Extended piping inspection planning based on risk (RBI)
Based on above
services, Axess can be the turnkey provider of the Brazilian Compliance
requirements for any offshore vessel.