LIFTING EQUIPMENT INSPECTION AND CERTIFICATION
Elevator Inspection and Certification
Axess Group has extensive experience in the inspection of elevators, or lifts, according to maritime rules and in later years, experience with maintenance and modifications. We also have the relevant knowledge and skills to ensure that our clients’ elevators operate in compliance with the standards and regulations of the region that they are located in.
Elevator inspection, certification and maintenance services
With a global team of qualified inspection specialists and engineers, we provide our clients with the relevant regulatory knowledge and expertise to carry out the following services for elevators:
- Regular assessment of elevators and their components
- Elevator certification, recertification and approvals
- Thorough inspection and examination of equipment performance
- Periodic maintenance of elevators
- Equipment upgrades and modifications
- Equipment specification and deliveries
- Regulatory compliance and standards
Elevator inspections can be carried out together with other services we offer, such as lifting equipment inspection, to improve operational performance.
Elevator inspection and maintenance are typically based on the following standards and regulations:
- IMO – SOLAS
- DNV – Rules for certification of lifts in ships and Mobile offshore units and offshore installations
- ISO 8383 Lifts on ships – specific requirements
- European Standards – EN 81-20, EN81-50, EN81-3, EN81-31 (EN 81-1, EN 81-2)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER)
- NORSOK R-003 and R-002
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP)
Axess Group holds the ISO9001:2015 certification, LEEA approval, and approval according to the Norwegian work regulation. We undergo annual audits by DNV, Norsk Sertifisering and Norwegian Maritime Authority (NMA).