Local Regulatory Requirements
We specialise in providing full support to the most relevant regulations applicable to offshore vessels:
Full support on adequacy, consultancy and site inspections for all the applicable NRs, with focus on the most labour intensive scopes:
- Electrical (NR10)
- Equipment and Machines (NR12)
- Boilers, Pressure Vessels and Piping (NR13)
- Safety Signalling (NR26/30)
- Offshore Requirements (NR37)
Support and consultancy with the main applicable requirements from the Brazilian Maritime Authority (Navy), including specific requirements for the marine systems (NORMAM 01) and for the certification of helideck (NORMAM 27).
Guidance towards the environmental agency requirements, including Law 9966.
Instructions for adequacy to the specific requirements related to health and hygiene.
We have a team of certified Brazilian CREA engineers and associated equipment based in Brazil, North America and Asia, allowing us to provide cost-effective solutions with economical mobilisation costs and increased availability.
With our extensive experience and full understanding of the Brazilian regulatory framework, we have a full understanding of the auditor’s interpretation of the requirements, which ensures that corrective actions are carried out to prevent penalty for non-compliance, which leads to unexpected shutdown or delays in getting on contract. NRs are safety standards only, some of the technical requirements are not clearly specified. For this reason, identification of non-conformities may vary due to the auditor’s different understanding of the requirements. In addition, some of the requirements are informed only on technical notes or laws.
To be able to adjust our scope per our clients’ needs and preferences, we have developed a modular program that offers additional scope increments related to Brazilian Compliance tasks, such as:
- Design review for the identification of non-conformities early on the design stage
- Review of purchase orders and technical requirements of mechanical and electrical equipment
- Workshop to introduce the client to the Brazilian requirements and present solutions and samples from other offshore rigs
- Inspections of helideck, marine and safety systems
- Execution of pressure tests as required on the NR-13 regulation
- Calibration of instruments(pressure relief valves (PRVs, pressure safety valves (PSVs), pressure gauges, transmitters, etc.) in compliance with the Brazilian Institute of Metrology
- Non Destructive Testing (NDT) services, e.g., Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement for the integrity verification requested on the NR-13 regulation
- Ex inspection for Hazardous Areas
- Thermography inspection
- Due diligence on suppliers, e.g. audit, sample inspection
- Fabrication of posters, plates and stickers in dual language (English/Portuguese) as required by the Brazilian Maritime Authority
- Fabrication of pipe marking according to Brazilian Technical norms.
- Specification of personal protective equipment (PPEs), collective protective equipment (CPEs), etc.
- Restoration of technical documents and calculation
- Extended piping inspection planning based on risk (RBI)
- Audit follow up to be the client representative and clarify any queries immediately avoiding non-conformity